The Star and Barry Tobias Health Awareness Center offers a variety of health and wellness programs at minimal or no charge to New Jersey businesses and community organizations. Whether you’re looking for a one-time screening or program or assistance designing a long-term health promotion program, the Health Awareness Center can help.
Services range from preventive health and biometric screenings to nutrition and fitness workgroups and seminars. Our goal is to help employees identify health risk factors while providing supportive wellness activities to help reduce those risk factors.
Implementing a comprehensive wellness program can help lower health care costs, create a safer workplace, and improve the well-being and productivity of employees.
Employee Success at CentraState
At CentraState, we have developed and successfully implemented a comprehensive wellness program that has improved the physical and mental well-being of our employees while helping to contain costs.
While many nationwide employers have experienced double-digit percentage increases in health insurance costs, CentraState has contained health care expenses at a rate lower than the national trend. Ours wellness program has allowed for reinvestment of these savings into other programs that benefit our employees, including facility improvements, wage increases, and education advancement opportunities.
By adopting a wellness program that benefits your employees’ needs, your business can achieve similar success.
How the Program Works
We can tailor current programs or create new programs that best suit your employees’ health risk needs. Programs can be provided on site. Our team also offers follow-up assistance to help your employees stay healthy once the initial program is complete.
Current options provided by our team of registered nurses, health educators, dietitians, exercise physiologists, and certified lifestyle management counselors include:
- Screenings, including body composition, blood pressure, bone density, blood sugar, lipid profiles, metabolic analysis, and more
- Individual health assessments
- Healthy lifestyle seminars and disease management programs
- Fitness, nutrition, weight management, and stress management programs
- Smoking cessation program
- Occupational health services, including hearing and vision screenings, flu shots, pneumonia, and Tdap vaccines
- CPR, basic first aid, and automated external defibrillator training
- Integrative therapies for relaxation, such as aromatherapy, meditation, sound healing, tai chi and Toolkit for Stress
- Our LIVE LIFE WELL℠ Mobile Van, which can travel to the workplace or an offsite event to offer on-site health services
- Speakers Bureau of physicians, sleep specialists, fitness experts, and nutritionists
Looking for an Expert Speaker?
Our Health Awareness Center draws on the resources and expertise of our board-certified physicians, dietitians, nurses, and other health care professionals to offer important information on a range of health and wellness issues.
For more information about services available for businesses and civic groups, call 732.308.0570.